Jenkins, formerly known as Hudson, is a quick to use continuous integration system, which can be used to automate the build of your project at a scheduled time or when a trigger is raised.
- Perform a software build with Apache Maven, ANT etc.
- Run a shell script
- Archive the build result
- Generate report from code quality report generated by PMD, FindBug and Cobertura tools.
- Run Integration tests
- Send the build status report in email
- Create Build Job for DEV,QA,Stage,Pre-Prod,Prod Environments
- Checkout the code from Version Control Repository(CSV/SVN/GIT) and Run the ANT/Maven Script Generate the war and Deploy the war in WEB/Application Server using maven plugin or shell script and Restart the server using shell script and send the status of build to configured emails example: Build was successfully or Build has Compilation error etc.