WHAT IS PATENT REGISTRATION?
- A patent registration is a process that’s helps you to get a patent of an intellectual property right to an invention carried out by an individual or firm.
- It provides you with the monopoly to use your invention for public.
- Patent does not long for a lifetime. The term of the patent protection is 20 years.
- The invention can be anything such as process, art, method to manufacture, particular apparatus, machine, computer software, technical application, chemicals or drugs.
Benefits of Patent Protection
- Prevents theft of the invention
- Higher Profit Margins
- Sell or transfer patent right
- Patent valid for 20 years
Documents required for patent registration
- Fill the Information Form
- The work copy which is to be registered
- Identity and Address proof of the owner is required.
- If it’s a Company, Certificate of Incorporation and Address proof is required.
- What is the patent?
- A Patent is a statutory right for an invention granted for a limited period of time to the patentee by the Government.
- What are the rights of the patent holder?
- Patentee has an exclusive right to prevent third parties from the act of making, using, offering for sale, selling or importing of a patented product or process.
- What is validity of patent?
- Patent registration lasts for 20 years from the date of filing the provisional or permanent patent.
- Is it possible to keep my invention secret after getting the patent for it?
- No, the patents are granted on the condition that the details will be disclosed to the general public.